Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympic torch through London et al

Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by manicgeek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    in the west we believe in freedom of speech and human rights, china had to cut the live news feeds to hide the truth from its people.
    If you're going to try and sell attacking a symbol of the Olympic ideals as a freedom of speech argument I'm really hoping you're not representing anyone in any kind of court case ever!

And in the news today is reports of attacks upon the symbol, nothing about China, other than in relation to the attacks upon a symbol that isn't even theirs and that in many ways represents everything China does wrong.

So China cut a news feed, just as Western Governments attempt to control the news... so what's new... that's Government for you.

Oooo just caught your edit... No I'm sorry they behaved like thugs, with no sense of decent behaviour towards other individuals, that's why the news outlets are discussing their behaviour instead of running articles about the behaviour of the Chinese state.
    the behavior of china wasn't on the news because they paid western TV & sports personalities to try and (fail to) carry the torch through London and Paris.

china behaved like thugs when they took Tibet and still do.
    Last edited by Alien5; 04-07-2008 at 09:40 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    the behavior of china wasn't on the news because they paid western TV & sports personalities to try and (fail to) carry the torch through London and Paris.
    WOW shit that must have cost them a bob or two, paying off EVERY western journalist... I mean we do have a lot of journalists... and they paid off every one of them did they ?

No I'm not asking what your position on UFOs is!

Oooo caught your edit again... yeah it's a shame the Western news isn't reporting anything about it though... maybe they've been distracted by the thugs attacking the Olympic torch ?

3. Lounge   -   #33
    TV & sports personalities were paid to run around with a torch not journalists.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by manicgeek View Post
    WOW shit that must have cost them a bob or two, paying off EVERY western journalist... I mean we do have a lot of journalists... and they paid off every one of them did they ?

No I'm not asking what your position on UFOs is!

Oooo caught your edit again... yeah it's a shame the Western news isn't reporting anything about it though... maybe they've been distracted by the thugs attacking the Olympic torch ?
    western news isn't reporting what?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    what im saying is TV & sports personalities were paid to run around with a torch.
    So what you're arguing that them running around with a torch that represents the Olympic ideals is offensive or something ? And so they deserved to be attacked ?

Nah!! I don't think that'll hold up either... I've seen some of the crap programs they create and they're a damned sight more offensive than having them carrying a torch through the streets.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    western news isn't reporting what?
    Anything much about Tibet, they're focusing on the Western protests and the behaviour of the protesters... shame really they could have been reporting about how the masses object to the way China treats the people of Tibet with some indepth stuff about the what China does.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    what are you so angry about?

the London & Paris protests succeeded? who cares?

it would have been nice if those two days werent ruined by protests i agree,

but china assumed the police could control them, the police failed today in paris 3 times the torch was extinguished, yesterday in london the police also failed to keep the protesters under control.

i dunno what news you've been watching?

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Sorry angry Where was that then ?

I just said I couldn't see that the thuggery did the actual cause any good.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    sorry my mistake.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    apparently Hitler invented the idea of the Olympic flame so it must be evil (since he was created by the devil). These noble protesters are indeed doing gods work, or are they Buddhists ?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast