Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympic torch through London et al

Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    I dunno how people protest in manicgeek's perfect thug-free world?

maybe he's from that utopia called china.
    Hang on... I thought you were saying they weren't thugs... make you're mind up old chap

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    thats your imaginary world im talking about, not mine.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    thats your imaginary world im talking about, not mine.
    I think you might want to think about your words and the things you imply with them old chap... see for my world to be 'perfect' and 'thug free' implies recognition by you that your world isn't

4. Lounge   -   #64
    exactly - my world's not in the least bit perfect, i didn't say it was, i grew up in 70s 80's and 90's London, I also went to school with people affected by the riots, there was nothing perfect & thug free about it.
    Last edited by Alien5; 04-08-2008 at 01:52 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    exactly - i grew up in 70s 80's and 90's London, I also went to school with people affected by some of the riots, there was nothing perfect & thug free about it.
    Oh! I see... you're agreeing with me that jumping on people in the street and taking something from them (or attempting to) is thuggish behaviour then ?

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    So the Tibetan chap running in front of the torch and happily waving his national flag at the camera who got jumped on by the policeman and had his flag removed was a victim of thuggery? No law against waving a flag that I am aware of and he wasn't interfering with the torch.

The BBC and Sky ran hours of coverage on the protests in London and the ongoing protests in Paris and San Fransisco are keeping the issue at the top of the news. This is not a bad thing is it?. Yes it should be peaceful but that doesn't mean the protesters should apologise for being there. I think most of us know what thuggery looks like and some middle aged chap making a political protest by making a grab for a torch isn't it. The twonk who threw an egg at Prescott a few years ago might be classed as a thug as indeed might be Prescott. Connie Huq was considerably more sorted and philosophical about it than you appear to be. Are you on a wind up or something?
    Last edited by Biggles; 04-08-2008 at 02:11 PM.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Quote Originally Posted by manicgeek View Post
    exactly - i grew up in 70s 80's and 90's London, I also went to school with people affected by some of the riots, there was nothing perfect & thug free about it.
    Oh! I see... you're agreeing with me that jumping on people in the street and taking something from them (or attempting to) is thuggish behaviour then ?

no, im agreeing that the world has thugs, the protesters in my opinion did what they set out to do, disrupt and spoil. maybe we should agree to disagree before i set the thugs on you.
    Last edited by Alien5; 04-08-2008 at 01:58 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Are you on a wind up or something?
    How could you think such a thing of me Les

9. Lounge   -   #69
    another idiotic regular hiding behind a second account are you? why do i bother?

go back to school and learn the difference between thugs and protesters!

10. Lounge   -   #70
    another idiotic regular hiding behind a second account are you? why do i bother?

go back to school and learn the difference between thugs and protesters!
    No I only have this one account... I feel no need to hide anywhere.

Oh! And I know the difference, and I know that grabbing that torch in that way could constitute assault in law.

Maybe you should go and read something about protesting, you'd probably learn that the most effective protests are those that have been done with the absence of violence and with the absence of direct action... like grabbing a torch.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast