Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 233031323334 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    And yes, it is "my" prediction. Just as much as it's "my" prediction that the Blackhawks will win the cup. It's also a prediction shared by however many Blackhawks fans are out there. When someone asks you who you think will win the cup, most people will say "I predict the Blackhawks will win" not "Barry Melrose predicts the Blackhawks will win". A possessive in the case of an opinion/prediction that can be shared by many doesn't imply you own/invented it.
    In fairness, "I predict [team] will win" is different from, "[Team captain] will throw his shoulder out in the 4th inning if he plays", which is even different from, "The online buzz about [team captain's] shoulder injury, which has been a hot topic among many critics, says he is likely to get injured if he keeps playing".

1. Is a personal opinion based upon unknown factors.

2. Indicates something will happen, which is believed by the writer/speaker.

3. Gives credit to those who have had this discussion, and shows that the writer/speaker is not alone in these beliefs.

#3 is the strongest and most honest way to present the idea(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #322
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I mean, yes, sure, if I was writing an essay for my English class, method 3 would be the best way of citing some statement or sentence that I wrote. I didn't realize I was being held to those standards when I posted at FST, and no one seemed to have a problem with it the many other times I have posted in the Lost, Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones threads until Idol decided to completely misread my entire post (which I still don't understand why he did and he refuses to explain why).

In the interest of transparency though, the places where I had read discussions about the show include r/asoiaf, westeros.org forums, and awoiaf. And from those sites I eventually formulated my prediction of what may happen next in the show. It is most likely not a unique theory and someone else probably came up with it first at some point from reading from those sites.

3. Movies & TV   -   #323
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    .. until Idol decided to completely misread my entire post (which I still don't understand why he did and he refuses to explain why).
    Because I am your prince who was promised and as such I consider it my sacred duty to teach you that life is a song to be sung and as much as the Universe allows we should endeavor to make that song a jig and not a dirge.

If this was real life and not a movie I would instead be taking you to Tijuana to have sex with a hooker like in that 1983 Tom Cruise film Losin' It . Probably with equally hilarious and heartwarming results.

Now for my thoughts on what will happen.Created totally from my giant brain as I avoid fan sites out of fear they contain people even more into cats than myself.

Ollie will stab Jon.This is practically a given as the writers have been whacking us over the head with the probability all season.
    Jon will warg into Ghost. Chekhov's Law( a term I'm pretty sure I originated ) and the recent random appearance of Ghost makes me believe this.This makes a lot of sense book-wise though little series-wise and if it happens, shows how bad the storytelling in GoT actually is if you hold it up to the light.
    I also think that in the series his likely resurrection will somehow tie into Bran as that character needs something to properly reintroduce him and besides Melisandre he's about the only character with ties to the mystic the show has going.

Also Tyrion and Jon and Daenerys are all Targaryens, comprising the three heads of the dragon.

No, I read that one.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #324
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superdupe View Post
    Does anyone know where I can download (or watch online for free) season 5 of Thronecast, the world's only official follow-on show for Game of Thrones?
    I found a lot of them on Youtube.
    Links, please?

5. Movies & TV   -   #325

I found a lot of them on Youtube.
    Links, please?
    I used the mystical terms "youtube" and "thronecast" in Google.

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...ube+thronecast
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #326

Links, please?
    I used the mystical terms "youtube" and "thronecast" in Google.

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...ube+thronecast
    Thanks, but as I indicated in my previous posts, I'm looking for season 5 episodes and (also indicated in a previous post) I search youtube for them every day.

7. Movies & TV   -   #327
    Thanks, but as I indicated in my previous posts, I'm looking for season 5 episodes and (also indicated in a previous post) I search youtube for them every day.
    Best I could find, and I checked several trackers before finding the youtube ones. If you have xbmc (Kodi), you can look there.

8. Movies & TV   -   #328
    Best I could find, and I checked several trackers before finding the youtube ones. If you have xbmc (Kodi), you can look there.
    Well a massive thank you for your time and effort. Also thanks for the tip. I've not heard of xbmc, but I'll look it up and hopefully get it that way.

Going to avoid this thread now for a day or 2 until I have caught up with GoT as don't want to risk reading any spoilers for episode 9...

9. Movies & TV   -   #329
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    For anyone who cares about this sort of stuff which narrows it down to cat ladies and Rart.

Season 5 is over, and the long wait for Game of Thrones Season 6 has begun. A few weeks ago, casting calls surfaced for some major characters who are apparently going to appear on the show next year. While nothing is confirmed, the descriptions made it sound like we’re going to see the likes of Euron Greyjoy and Septon Meribald, characters seemingly left out of Season 5, as well as Randyll Tarly, Sam’s father, and his immediate family. Now, the fine Thrones fans over at Watchers on the Wall have published more casting calls obtained via a “reliable source.”

According to Watchers, the producers are looking specifically for residents of Ireland or Northern Ireland to fill these rolls, which could imply that the North is going to be of particular interest in Season 6. As always when dealing with these kinds of stories, it is encouraged that you take the news with a grain of salt. Having established that, let’s get into it.
    Qhogo and Akrat: Possibly an exception to the request that actors be from Ireland or Northern Ireland, HBO is looking for performers of mixed ethnicity for these roles. Qhogo and Akrat are tall, confident young warriors who speak a fictional language. They’re all but guaranteed to be members of the Dothraki khalasar that came upon Daenerys in the fifth season finale.

Also, because this seems as good a time as any to mention it, why didn’t any of Dany’s Dothraki bloodriders join Jorah and Daario on their hunt for the Dragon Queen? They’re still around, right?

Lachlan: Lachlan is the leader of a renegade band who are extorting poor, vulnerable citizens even though they’ve been charged with protecting the land where those citizens live. He appears in two episodes next year.

There’re a lot of possibilities for this character. I can’t think of any direct analogue from the books, but that’s probably going to be the case a lot going forward, since the show has pretty much caught up with the novels at this point. Lachlan could be a Northerner disobeying the orders of House Bolton, a criminal who’s stampeding through the Riverlands, or even someone tormenting the citizens around Meereen. A puzzle, this man.

Flynn: This guy is part of an outlaw band, possibly part of Lachlan’s outlaw band. His group is using religion to justify extorting the citizenry. Like Lachlan, he’ll appears in two episodes.

The bit about religion is interesting, because one of the complaints I had about the Sparrows in Season 5 was that they seemed to come out of nowhere. If we see how brigands are using religion inappropriately to terrify people in the countryside, it’ll provide some context for the Sparrows, who are a reaction to all the senseless post-war violence.

Japeth: Here’s another member of an outlaw band. That Lachlan inspires loyalty, apparently. He’s a “rough-and-ready type” with a strong physical presence.

Bower: Whoever plays Bower is required to have a Northern or Midland English accent. His filming schedule overlaps with those of the outlaw band members described above, so he’s probably another member. Unlike the “rough-and-ready” Japeth, Bower is “a powerless servant, numb to the horror he serves.”

The more I read about Lachlan’s band (which I think we should all start calling “The Lachlan Group”), the more I think that they’re a bunch of brigands running around the Riverlands. Perhaps Season 6 will see Jaime head to the Riverlands to put down any remaining pockets of rebellion, as he did in A Feast for Crows.

Legendary Fighter: Moving away from outlaws, probably, this mysterious figure is in his thirties or forties and is described as “a paragon of knighthood.” Also, he carries a famous sword. Maybe he’s got a Valyrian steel sword and Sam is trying to send him to the Wall to stand against the oncoming White Walkers?

Predictably, HBO wants someone who’s good at sword fighting for the role. This knight of indeterminate race and ethnicity will spend a week filming fight scenes.

Lord of Noble Northern House: This lord is a savage warrior who rules a house in the very far North. HBO is looking for someone with a Northern English accent and a powerful physique who can tower over other cast members. He must be at least 180 cm tall, which is around 5 feet 11 inches, which isn’t ridiculously tall, but maybe all the other cast members are short. He’s also described as having a beard and a violent temper.

To me, this sounds like Lord Jon Umber, aka the Greatjon. True, that character has already appeared on the show, but he hasn’t been seen in a while, so maybe they’re recasting him. It all seems to fit. The Umbers control a house in the “very far North,” and we know they’re currently harboring Rickon, who Sansa found out was still alive back in “Hardhome.” Might Sansa somehow find out Rickon’s location and head north to start the resistance?

Lord of Northern Stronghold: This northern lord is “ruthless and calculating” and will appear in three episodes. Running with the whole “Northern resistance” theme, might this be Lord Wyman Manderly? He certainly had several moments of ruthlessness and cunning in “A Dance of Dragons.” There’s nothing here about him being grotesquely overweight, but the show doesn’t seem to have heeded George R.R. Martin when it comes to obese characters. Just look at who they cast as Yezzan zo Qaggaz this past season. .
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Movies & TV   -   #330
    My gf and I started watching it like 6 months ago and after the first episode I knew that was hooked as she didn't want me to turn it off then one after the other and we were hooked. We couldn't stop watching it and now that we are fully caught up and had our minds completely blown by the last season, we cant wait till the new season starts back up.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 233031323334 LastLast