Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Azureus

Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    did you upload the torrent to the backup tracker?

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i have it set up so that the torrents dont need to be uploaded in order to be tracked, same with the back-up tracker.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    leonidas's Avatar Poster

Surprised/Amazed

the little guys are both green but it still displays 0B/s...

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    lynx's Avatar .
    If there's a high seeder/leecher ratio that's not unusual. It probably means there are enough seeders with faster speeds than you.

If it is on torrentbytes that's what usually happens, the admins there don't seem to care that new members can't get a decent upload rate. If things don't improve I'll probably take the same attitude and just leech until they kick me. Not a position I want to take, but if I can't seed what option do I have?
    Last edited by lynx; 03-26-2005 at 09:39 AM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    gspotremover
    was wondering about the same issue - with same program, azureus 2.2.0.2 - but with the difference that I am attempting to upload the torrents to the different trackers; and the only tracker that is recognized is the one which I put in the original "announce URL" blank - the trackers I enter as "new tracker" groups and "new tracker" in the multiple tracker config screen all return a "incorrect announce url" error ...
    hoping someone can help - thanks!

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    if you open your multi-torrent with notepad you will see that there is a main tracker, then a tracker list.

the trick is to have the "tracker youre uploading to" as the main tracker

with azureus what i have to do is remove "all other" tracker announce urls from the torrent, then hit save, then re-open the "edit torrent" dialog and add the other ones back in, then export the torrent

http://img15.echo.cx/img15/9779/clipboard029uz.png

then i open it in notepad just to be sure the tracker i want is the first one listed before uploading it
    Last edited by Vargas; 04-11-2005 at 12:55 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77

Surprised/Amazed

Hi guys,

I've been using Azureus for a while now. Updated it recently, and at first it went a bit funny - all my speeds were really slow, but it seems to have sorted itself out now.

But, I got up this morning, and my uploads are really rubbish. I don't know why at all.

I've taken a picture of my uploads from the activity page, and attached it to this message. As you can see, it stays at a fairly low level, then every few seconds peaks. The thing is, these peaks are not sudden peaks in any of my torrents. What's causing these peaks? Is one of my torrents repeatedly sending information back to the tracker rather than just when it's finished downloading? The thing is, it's not having a very good effect on my uploads - or my downloads really. Everytime the upload peaks, my downloads drastically decrease as well.

The thing is, yesterday, everything was fine: my uploads were at a constant high speed. Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks a lot guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    get the latest java

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    I've downloaded that - that was what solved my slow speeds to begin with. As I say, yeseterday it was fine - it was only when I checked my computer this morning that it went like this.

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    So I download the new azureus and nothing downloads...The light on the bottom goes green but the torrents stay red no matter how many peers/seeds. My dl says something like 900bytes and so does my upload. WTF?

Edit: By the way, I changed no settings.
    Last edited by I the end I; 05-26-2005 at 02:46 AM.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast