Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Azureus

Ok, I have checked the port forwarding. Firewall is off. The router is forwarding port 16953 to 192.xxx.x.2 and Azureus is using 16953 as incoming TCP listening port. Is there something else I can check or do?
    Last edited by ICHH; 02-23-2005 at 08:43 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Retired
    try disabling the UPnP function in Azureus
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 02-23-2005 at 08:54 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    As mentioned in my 1st post, UPnP is disabled.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    I'm using cable modem... Let me confirm something...

Router WAN IP: 202.xxx.xx.xx6 (DHCP)
    Router LAN IP: 192.xxx.x.1
    My PC IP: 192.xxx.x.2

The router should be forwarding the port to IP 192.xxx.x.2, correct?

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    check your ip address really is 192.xxx.x.2 by opening up command prompt and typing ipconfig
    to run command prompt: start -> run -> cmd
    This may be necessary because unless you've set up a static ip, you're ip address can and will change
    (by the way hiding your network ip address is pointless it adds basically nothing to your security)

You seem to have a pretty good idea of how to forward ports, but just to confirm you should forward
    16953 to 192.xxx.xxx.2

Turn off the SP2 firewall, its rubbish
    Do you have any other firewalls?

If all else fails fiddle with your routers security settings until it works (they usually have some firewall stuff, or it might block anonymous requests which potentially causes problems.)

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    Yap, ipconfig gives me 192.xxx.x.2. SP2 firewall is disabled and there are no other firewalls. I have tried ABC and BitComet as well. No difference.

What other router settings may affect remote connections?

1. Router = DHCP server.
    2. RIP direction: none - "RIP (Routing Information Protocol, RFC1058 and RFC1389) allows a router to exchange routing information with other routers." But I have only 1 router...
    3. MTU size = 1500
    4. SPI firewall enabled. - "The SPI (Stateful Inpection) Firewall protects your LAN against Denial of Service attacks. This should only be disabled in special circumstances."
    5. Default DMZ server disabled.
    6. Respond to ping on Internet port: no
    7. Port forwarding as mentioned in previous post.

I have tried toggling 4, 5 and 6 to no effect...

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    My ISP is using a proxy server. So maybe the following is the problem. But how do I resolve this? Do I have to do anything to the proxy options in Azureus - Options - Connections? If so, what do I do?

Edit: Anyway, Azureus says it's OK during port test under Tools - configuration wizard.

---------------
    http://www.boxtorrents.com/faq.php#prox3
    How do I find out if I'm behind a (transparent/anonymous) proxy?

Try ProxyJudge.org. It lists the HTTP headers that the server where it is running received from you. The relevant ones are HTTP_CLIENT_IP, HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR and REMOTE_ADDR.

Why is my port listed as "---" even though I'm not NAT/Firewalled?

The TorrentBits tracker is quite smart at finding your real IP, but it does need the proxy to send the HTTP header HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR. If your ISP's proxy does not then what happens is that the tracker will interpret the proxy's IP address as the client's IP address. So when you login and the tracker tries to connect to your client to see if you are NAT/firewalled it will actually try to connect to the proxy on the port your client reports to be using for incoming connections. Naturally the proxy will not be listening on that port, the connection will fail and the tracker will think you are NAT/firewalled.
    -------------------------

Also, IKE mentions Internet Connection Sharing here. Is this relevant to Win XP?
    Last edited by ICHH; 02-24-2005 at 06:40 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    so i was creating a new torrent with the latest CVS version of Azureus v2.2.0.2_B41 and noticed a couple new options, or maybe i may have missed before.

screenshot1
    screenshot2

now if they would just add a search option

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    that would be a good thing to use right?

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face

Surprised/Amazed

does any one use azureus, and if so how does the multi tracker info work when creating torrents? I want my azureus to be able to fall back on another tracker if mine goes down, and i cant seem to make it work. i use az 2.2.0.2, and it dont make any sense to me. i tested it by making a torrent, and doing what i thought was adding the back up tracker, shut my tracker down, and the torrent just stops. it never tries to use the back-up. anyone have any insight on what to do?

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast