Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ribbed Shank

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Wahey

I just heard the bloke on Shedheads saying "This screw has a ribbed shank"

It was like innuendo overload.

I really had to look it up on the interweb obviously and this is an explanation supplied.

"My intuition is that the quarter inch of steeply pitched fluting is designed to ream out the passage in the outer member being joined, or at least ream out the outer 3/4" of 'hole'. Conceivably, this might reduce friction when driving in the screw over the final 3/4""

The interweb is the best thing in the World ... ever

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

That was so disgusting / I'm very turned on.

I made it my mission to glitter up everyone in the club last night. Managed about 70% coverage. I made friends with all the staff tho' and they invited me back for free drinks any time.
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    You made friends with all of the staff and they invited you back for free drinks.

Grooming is clearly alive and well, though it may have lost it's taste.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I also did some cottaging and bought RedBulls for the toilet attendants. True story.
    Now go away.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Cottaging, with toilet attendants.

You really are as posh as a nice oxblood brogue.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Chased thro' the halls by a fag, no doubt. It's all gone a bit Stephen Fry-shaped.
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Why didn't they just say, 'Self Tapping'?
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I can only guess, but I think it's because that's a different thing.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    You think? You're not sure though, are you?

I used ribbed flute self tappers all the time, when attaching a timer module to the controller body, as it cuts nicely into the aluminium casing.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    You think? You're not sure though, are you?

I used ribbed flute self tappers all the time, when attaching a timer module to the controller body, as it cuts nicely into the aluminium casing.
    Clearly you can't read, I was replying to your question "Why didn't they just say, 'Self Tapping'?"

I don't actually know why they didn't say "Self Tapping", I can only conjecture on the reason. Hence, my answer.

Re you using something which is both "self tapping" and has a "ribbed flute". Whilst I am sure it is a fine product (I wouldn't know, it sounds awfully like manual labour) that does not make "self tapping" and "ribbed shank" synonymous.

You do know that "flute" and "shank" are different words ... or am I assuming too much.
    Last edited by JPaul; 11-07-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast