Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adverts, download limits, general hassle

Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Is there a way to get rid of these from my life (clearly "don`t come here" is the obvious response). I post good links, I am a nice person, I post useful detailed responses to other posts... but all this ad link stuff is starting to get really annoying

So is there a nice poster type rank between paying and contributor?

Flame away as required but I think it is a fair request on my part :S

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Can you be more specific on what you mean by "ad link stuff"?

Also, I think the limit right now is at 10/day? Seems pretty reasonable for free stuff.

I know you were looking for suggestions other than donating, but if you enjoy the site, a donation for a year is less than a $1/month and gives you unlimited downloads. Otherwise, to answer your question, no, there isn't an 'in-between' rank.
    Last edited by Skiz; 06-10-2014 at 08:33 PM.

yo

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    The extra tabs "Astraweb", the extra buttons on NZB posts which are really just more ads.... yes the 10 a day limit is fine (can use combine option which doesn`t seem to have a per/post limit), didn`t really need more

Anyhow you answered the question perfectly well so I`ll just carry on ignoring them or I guess I can always write a new filter in AdMuncher to get rid of them anyway

Cheers
    Grib
    Last edited by Gribley; 06-11-2014 at 04:48 AM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Or you could just click on some of them once and a while. To, you know, support the site and members that hand deliver your every entertainment need.

yo

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    Is there a way to get rid of these from my life (clearly "don`t come here" is the obvious response). I post good links, I am a nice person, I post useful detailed responses to other posts... but all this ad link stuff is starting to get really annoying

So is there a nice poster type rank between paying and contributor?

Flame away as required but I think it is a fair request on my part :S
    You've made a grand total of 23 posts since September 2008. That's almost 4 per year. Personally, I'd put you in a special 'Parasite' class. A group that can fuck the fuck off.

Not even spamming/flaming here. I mean it. Who the fuck needs you around? Bitch about having to look at ads when you bring nothing else to the board. Seriously, go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    You've made a grand total of 23 posts since September 2008. That's almost 4 per year. Personally, I'd put you in a special 'Parasite' class. A group that can fuck the fuck off.

Not even spamming/flaming here. I mean it. Who the fuck needs you around? Bitch about having to look at ads when you bring nothing else to the board. Seriously, go away.
    Remember those 23 posts don't reflect what he contributes in/to the nzb comment section. He does in fact post meaningful stuff
    Last edited by piercerseth; 06-11-2014 at 06:24 AM.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post

Remember those 23 posts don't reflect what he contributes in/to the nzb comment section. He does in fact post meaningful stuff
    Thanks for the backup. I know you are very active in our little world of NNTP and my post count doesn`t reflect anything I actually supply. I didn`t expect a warm welcome to the post but that other response was a bit OTT, anyhow thanks for your kind words makes me not want to just f* off etc

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Then I'll take your word for it. Regardless, it is a petty thing to bitch about. As mentioned, he could make the ads go away for <$12 a year.

Tired of all the dead weight floating around here. Bitching about ads. Bitching about making 2 lousy posts. Bitching about download limits in a free section.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    As mentioned, he could make the ads go away for <$12 a year.
    Does that actually get rid of the random buttons/tabs? Not looking at banners as they are blocked anyway.... please notice the way I am NOT doing the incite for flame war

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Then I'll take your word for it. Regardless, it is a petty thing to bitch about. As mentioned, he could make the ads go away for <$12 a year.

Tired of all the dead weight floating around here. Bitching about ads. Bitching about making 2 lousy posts. Bitching about download limits in a free section.
    I get it, and your points are valid. The vets are tired of the shit posts and I am too. Just trying to keep this thread from blowing up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast