Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Wow, 100/100 Metacritic score. Guess we've learned that movie critics have a thing for young boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #592
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    where a bunch of people slag a guy while at the same time trying to say something like" if you haven't got anything good to say then don't say it".

I guess opinions are wonderful just as long as they don't happen to differ from your own.
    and THAT, my friend, my pal, my SO, my soul mate, my secret Dildo Clause, is THE Internet.

You've never seen me commit such a capital offense before.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Movies & TV   -   #593
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I shall always be Spam Gamgee to your Dildo Baggins.

Yes I know that like life that technically that makes no sense. Someplace else I might even actually care.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

and THAT, my friend, my pal, my SO, my soul mate, my secret Dildo Clause, is THE Internet.
    That sort of herd mentality is what led to the demise of Frankenstein's monster.Something I still haven't forgiven the peasants for.
    Why even to this day I can't pass someone carrying a torch without wanting to punch them.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-03-2015 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #594
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    What about people with lighters?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Movies & TV   -   #595
    Yeah them too.I don't discriminate and that's why I'm better than most foreigners.

6. Movies & TV   -   #596
    I sort of watched The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies.I say "sort of" because overblown and given to taking itself so painfully seriously as it was it failed to really hold my attention and my mind kept drifting off.

I'm pretty sure somebody died and good triumphed over evil and all involved went home rich but other than that I'm fuzzy on the exact details.

I also watched American Sniper which was good if making up stuff as opposed to telling how things actually happened in a supposed biography is good and I'm pretty sure all politicians agree it is.

Anyway for anyone, that being no one who cares.
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ero-chris-kyle
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-07-2015 at 06:38 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #597
    American Sniper
    I'm pretty sure somebody died and good triumphed over evil and all involved went home rich but other than that I'm fuzzy on the exact details.
    Same ending, then.

Anyway, shallow fanaticism with gunplay. I'm in.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #598
    Then you'll love what just happened in France.

If I'm ever confronted by a hostile force I'd rather have it be some atheist with no country because apparently thinking your cause is just makes doing really terrible things a lot easier.

Actually American Sniper is a pretty good movie if a little unevenly paced but I guess that was sort of the point.Showing the sharp difference between Kyle's two realities although The Hurt Locker already did that sort of thing already and better .
    The Hobbit on other hand could have been directed by Michael Bay and would have played basically the same.

That's code for it's basically a total piece of shit .Some of the big fight scenes are almost farcical how they just keep going on and on like the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-07-2015 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Movies & TV   -   #599
    What do you expect? 1 movie was stretched into 3. The battle scenes and piles of gold were all that really mattered in the last one. Getting you to watch the other two was the reason for the first 2.

10. Movies & TV   -   #600
    Whiplash (2014) . I loved this movie. It is a well-done drama of a talented, young drummer who is pushed to his limits by his teacher. Kind of like a dark version of Dead Poet's Society. For a drama about music (it is actually more about what it takes to become great), the story flows quickly. J.K. Simmons plays an AMAZING character as the hard-nose teacher. I don't believe I've sen such a convincingly played hard ass since R. Lee Ermey traumatized the young Marines in Full Metal Jacket.

See it, or miss out on one of the best filums of the year. Don't take my word for it:

Whiplash (2014)

107 min - Drama | Music - 15 October 2014 (Philippines)
    -/10

Ratings: 8.7/10 from 20,605 users Metascore: 88/100
    Reviews: 107 user | 216 critic | 47 from Metacritic.com

-------------

In stark contrast, I finished watching 'Merkin Sniper last night. Not impressed. Would not have known Eastwood directed it, since his other movies have been far more engaging. This one left me cringing after Bradly Cooper (in an almost comically bad attempt at a Texas drawl) declared that " 'Merika is the GREATEST country on Earth" runs off to join the Navy SEALS in spite of not liking water.

More of a propaganda film for a decade+ old war nobody cares about anymore than entertainment. I give it about 5.5/10. Would not play it for a friend if we were bored and looking for something to watch.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 01-10-2015 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost