Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: why all ed2k link look like this ....

Quote Originally Posted by manker
    How would you know.
    During my stay on the board as a member I had quite a few pins and most were unpinned at some point and I was never pm regarding it so that how.

The point is not whether there's been a precident, but if a PM would have been the right thing to do.
    As I stated I think a pm would be best for the future. However I dont think I couldve forseen this happening considering it never has before and I dont know of anyone ever getting a pm prior to a post being unpinned. I hardly intended to offended him especially considering we had discussed this previosly.

Its seems that you will make a hill out of a peebble first chance you get with me and so be it I guess...
    Last edited by RealitY; 07-27-2005 at 06:47 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    I think he should be welcome to post here and discuss this if he wants. I think this is all a little much considering the situation. I think the confusion most likely lays that his cp is set to show only current posts and when he visted the section thought it had vanished. This wouldve also given him the impression which Google could not find the post which is not the case. Perhaps all a bit of a misunderstanding or at least I hope so.

I have also started to take a look into why some members have age defaults set differntly than others and to see if all members can be set to the sam age views unless they specifically wnat to change them in their cp options. I also am looking into making it so that the same age view will apply to new sign ups...
    Last edited by RealitY; 07-27-2005 at 07:07 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    We should be allowed to vote who should be the next Forum Star. I have a feeling I know who would win.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    During my stay on the board as a member I had quite a few pins and most were unpinned at some point and I was never pm regarding it so that how.

The point is not whether there's been a precident, but if a PM would have been the right thing to do.
    As I stated I think a pm would be best for the future. However I dont think I couldve forseen this happening considering it never has before and I dont know of anyone ever getting a pm prior to a post being unpinned. I hardly intended to offended him especially considering we had discussed this previosly.

Its seems that you will make a hill out of a peebble first chance you get with me and so be it I guess...
    Cool, then. That's all I wanted to say.

I don't go out of my way to have a go at you, it just seems that way because of the newbie mod jibe. I try to share my bonhomie around the team equally but it doesn't always work out like that.

Now I've just gotta convince IKE that a PM is the best way to go. Btw, the forum ignore function sucks

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Funny how they close ranks rather than admitting they've screwed up isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by mike
    Imo we don't need to send a PM when we unstick a thread that isnt 'important/helpfull' anymore because of some forum changes.
    Now you're doing the edit thing

Well you should send a PM. It's polite and helps avoid unpleasant situations like this.

Of course, if you don't care about how the members feel, then don't bother pming them when you deem their work 'not helpful' anymore.
    Spot on manker - and I'm not going to put up with such cavalier treatment anymore. All I asked for was a bit of common courtesy. Instead I get insults and my efforts discounted.

The service around here is terrible. I'm taking my business elsewhere.
    I'm deleting my ed2k and RSS guides seeing as my input isn't required or appreciated. I also hereby withdraw permission for the FST forum to use the guide I wrote for the forum's official RSS help too.

@ RealitY - Call me silly or rediculous all you like, but know that your response just cost Brian Google revenue. You really need to work on those people skills.

@ Ike - I suggest you and the team seriously rethink what constitutes a forum contributor when it comes to adding members to the contributor user group. There's more to being a contributor than posting so many verifieds per month. Many members have put in a lot of time and effort to make FST what it is today. Those members' efforts still haven't been recognized to date and that is an injustice.

@ rossco - It's not just about a post getting and staying pinned. It's about respect and consideration. You are one of the few active mods who I have no problem with. Your verifieds script is an excellent piece of work, and I wish you every success with all your future endeavors.

@ Everyone else at FST - Thanks for all the fish.

Goodbye.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by uNz[i]
    I'm not going to put up with such cavalier treatment anymore. All I asked for was a bit of common courtesy. Instead I get insults and my efforts discounted.
    Once again we had discussed this before as I stated. Although it was a while back I didnt think you wouldve forgotten already. As for insults Im not sure thats accurate. I do think youve over reacted and are being a bit silly, not meant to offend, although if so I appoligize for that. As for the word ridiculous it was used in the context that I thought it was ridiculous considering your post could be seen just a few slots down from where it was. As for your efforts nobody has discounted them and Ive cleary thanked you many times in pm conversations Ive had with you.
    The service around here is terrible.
    Seems all was fine between you and me untill your guide was unpinned and lowered a couple of slots.
    I'm deleting my ed2k and RSS guides seeing as my input isn't required or appreciated. I also hereby withdraw permission for the FST forum to use the guide I wrote for the forum's official RSS help too.
    First off nobody mentioned it wasnt appreciated as I stated above and as for you deleting them I think that speaks for your own character. As for your rss guide I had also mentioned to you in a pm nicely that we were removing rss feeds on most seperate sections only keeping the main site and news and I guess even though Ive discussed that with you via pm as you want your response to me was to delete it.
    Goodbye.
    I feel youve made a harsh decision and maybe after thought youde reconsider although if not so be it...
    Last edited by RealitY; 07-28-2005 at 12:31 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123