Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars EPISODE III: Revenge Of The Sith

MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420

Have you not noticed that in all the Star Wars films no-one bleeds from Lightsaber wounds?
    cauterize - burn, sear, or freeze (tissue) using a hot iron or electric current or a caustic agent; "The surgeon cauterized the wart"
    Yep, Its pretty fucked up.

How do you mean? It's effectively a laser slicing through you, so it makes sense that it would cauterize the wound. Nothing fucked up about that.

2. Movies & TV   -   #252
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    a lightsaber is a more civilized weapon, used to subdue an opponent, not make a big mess all over the place that some jedi's padawan will have to clean up. btw anyone know why quigon jinn and the other jedi including the younglings dont vanish into the force when they die like yoda and obi wan? they were good jedi's yet they dont dissappear. it always bugged me.

edit: forgot the word die
    Last edited by ApacNTS; 06-07-2005 at 02:48 AM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #253
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    from what Yoda says to Obi-Wan almost at the end of Episode III,
    its something that has to be learned once in 'the other side', so, if Qui-Gon knew
    hot to do this, obviusly he could have teached Obi, and that might be the reason for
    him (Obi) turning into a 'gost' almost imediatly after being killed by Vader in Episode IV.

4. Movies & TV   -   #254
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacNTS
    btw anyone know why quigon jinn and the other jedi including the younglings dont vanish into the force when they die like yoda and obi wan?
    qui-gon does become a ghost, but... george lucas apparently didn't think it was important enough to SHOW qui-gon's ghost, so he just leaves it unresolved until yoda talks about qui-gon's ghost at the end of Revenge Of The Sith.

as for why not the other jedi: up until qui-gon's death, the jedi didn't really believe in ghosts. or else it is a very ancient belief which has been erased from the jedi religion.

the prequel-era jedi think the force is just energy to be harnessed and controlled, as obi-wan explains in A New Hope. qui-gon believes that the force is alive, that the midichlorian particles (which comprise the force) have feelings and intelligence, and that a dying jedi can merge with the force. that's totally different from normal jedi belief. it's because of his "wacky" views about the force that he is never allowed to join the jedi council. so there are no other jedi ghosts because qui-gon is the one who discovered how to do it (or possibly learned it from his teacher count dooku, who later became a sith), and then his ghost teaches yoda & obi-wan about it.

vader learns to become a ghost because unlike the jedi, the sith have always been able to do that. to the jedi it's taboo, but to the sith it's a central belief. how do the sith keep popping back up over the course of thousands of years, no matter how many times the jedi kill them (all TWO of 'em)? because there are angry sith ghosts floating around the galaxy, recruiting people to be new sith.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 06-07-2005 at 05:53 AM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #255
    I'll be damn.
    That's an exelent explainig there Brainiac.
    It all make sence.

edit:
    I believe now there is a new copy of the movie on the web,
    but this one, 95% DVD quality in audio and video, and what's more,
    "without the numbers or blured" on the top.
    The file seems to be a DVDRip to Xvid avi, with the name:
    Star.Wars.Episode.III.Revenge.of.the.Sith.INTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD

the sample looks great:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/2178551/e3-sample.avi.html

I guess its worth the risk, Im
    downloading now, found it on minova, or how ever its called.
    Last edited by worldpease; 06-07-2005 at 07:25 AM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #256
    well i might not be 100% correct, but that's the simplest explanation i can give for jedi & sith ghosts. personally i think it was a mistake to not show qui-gon's ghost in the movies-- it would have been a much smoother solution, than having yoda just talk about it. googling around, i'm seeing some rumors that there actually was supposed to be a scene featuring qui-gon's ghost in Revenge Of The Sith, but for some reason it didn't make it into the movie.

if you really want to become an expert on the subject, you should prolly start searching the web & reading as much as you can about "the living force," "jedi ghosts," and "sith ghosts." i've tried a little bit, to get an understanding of it, but i just don't have the patience.

remember that george lucas didn't have all of this perfectly planned out in 1977, so he & the other SW writers (people who've done the novels, comic books, games, etc) have tried to answer the questions left by the original trilogy and it does not all fit together perfectly. so much has been written & filmed, and lucas has tried to keep SW from contradicting itself, but there are still a lot of continuity problems anyway.

7. Movies & TV   -   #257
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by worldpease
    I'll be damn.
    That's an exelent explainig there Brainiac.
    It all make sence.

edit:
    I believe now there is a new copy of the movie on the web,
    but this one, 95% DVD quality in audio and video, and what's more,
    "without the numbers or blured" on the top.
    The file seems to be a DVDRip to Xvid avi, with the name:
    Star.Wars.Episode.III.Revenge.of.the.Sith.INTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD

the sample looks great:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/2178551/e3-sample.avi.html

I guess its worth the risk, Im
    downloading now, found it on minova, or how ever its called.
    Thats the one I downloaded off newsgroups, awesome quality 2.0 sound tho.

8. Movies & TV   -   #258
    Ooh My God!
    Its awesom, the quality is endeed exelent.
    I can't believe it, but is true, it's damn true.

9. Movies & TV   -   #259
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by worldpease
    Ooh My God!
    Its awesom, the quality is endeed exelent.
    I can't believe it, but is true, it's damn true.
    Indeed it is.

10. Movies & TV   -   #260
    I watched it in cinimas, it was a really good movie, considering I usually get bored of movies and I'm not even a star wars fan. I was like wtf when he didn't die after all those burns.