Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need More Space, Please...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I post quite a few pics in the "Change One Letter" Game, and elsewhere on the site. I have been out of space for the past couple months. I've tried deleting older pics, but the system only allows certain ones to be deleted- usually not ones that I'd want removed, TBH.

Any way I can get some more bawl room? These standard issue tighty whities are cramping my forumular splooges.

Recently, I've started using Tinypic, which seems reliable about 85% of the time. Not nearly as reliable as our home system.

Bottom line: My nutz are full, and the massive load cannot be constrained with 95MB.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Can't really do it for an individual user. It would have to be the whole poster/member/veteran/etc group I think.

http://imgur.com/ works brilliantly.
    Last edited by Skiz; 06-20-2014 at 05:39 AM.

yo

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Will try imgur. Granted, I'll probably get stuck reading comments and forget to feed my kids ever again.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Can't Meg just have all the space not used by the legions of "members" whose sole contribution to this site is to post "hi" twice in the Welcome thread?

Seriously as of late the disingenuous hellos have even gotten shorter as apparently anything over 2 words is too much of an effort for these parasites.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    RealtY had to delete a truckload of Skizo's posts to make room for your images, Meg. I hope you're happy.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    RealtY had to delete a truckload of Skizo's posts to make room for your images, Meg. I hope you're happy.
    I'm still maxed out. Perhaps he could try deleting Idol.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Fine by me,tribadistic.I've truthfully been seriously contemplating leaving anyway.

I mean seriously if I feel like talking to myself I might as well do it without the hassle of having a password to remember.

Plus whenever I have issues of storage space in my brain I just forget other stuff.
    Can't say that I've as of yet crossed out two entire years though.
    Also I'm more of a benevolent dictator as concerns myself.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    The permissions are set though usergroups and file type. It appears all types are 5mb now. We could set posters with 10mb perhaps. Though wede need know which image type to increase. You might try deleting some images you have now. Not sure how you would do that though...
    Last edited by RealitY; 06-21-2014 at 05:56 PM.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    I've truthfully been seriously contemplating leaving anyway.[...]
    Can't say that I've as of yet crossed out two entire years though.
    I'm pretty sure we're the only ones who tolerate you.

How would you know?

Quote Originally Posted by RealitY View Post
    The permissions are set though usergroups and file type. It appears all types are 5mb now. We could set posters with 10mb perhaps. Though wede need know which image type to increase. You might try deleting some images you have now. Not sure how you would do that though...
    Individual file size has been fine, I am out of total space. Most of the files I post are under 100kb, but they do accumulate. One word game I play is more fun if an appropriate image is included. I'm not a space hog, but am a frequent site user.

Attachment stats:
    You are currently using 95.35 MB to store 796 uploaded attachments.
    I may be the only one who has reached this limit. That said, would it really hurt anything to increase the limit for Veteran class members as we are not likely to be commercial spammers who negatively burden the server?
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-21-2014 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You have 800 attachments?

Shirley some of those are in the 20 dollar thread prior to 2/18/14. All those posts are in the trash now anyhow. Maybe just delete all you attachments older than a year. It isn't likely anyone is looking at them anyhow.

yo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast