Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Easily the most exciting but I'm not sure if that qualifies it as being the best.

I'm now going to watch American Ninja Warrior so clearly I don't know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-01-2015 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #312
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Sort of redeemed the season although it's still annoying how some characters (Bran,Brienne,the Ironborn etc) have basically disappeared. .
    Bran storyline already reached the end of the books last season so (in the hopes) that Winds of Winter is released before season six, they have tabled his story until next season. Brienne storyline has been fairly lackluster for quite a while now and with the lack of inclusion of a book character that's fairly important in her arc I'm not sure what they're trying to do with her. The lack of Ironborn in this season is also pretty disappointing, I'm sure all but the most dedicated show watchers will probably forget who they are by the time next season rolls along. Theon's role is slowly becoming bigger within the show and I believe some casting calls were made for the Ironborn in season 6 so there's that.

My predictions for the finale and big moment that "will break the internet" (according to the show actors):

Spoiler: Show

3. Movies & TV   -   #313
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Certainly an over-the-top prediction, Rart.

Welcome back, now go fight Idol.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Sort of redeemed the season although it's still annoying how some characters (Bran,Brienne,the Ironborn etc) have basically disappeared. .
    Bran storyline already reached the end of the books last season so (in the hopes) that Winds of Winter is released before season six, they have tabled his story until next season. Brienne storyline has been fairly lackluster for quite a while now and with the lack of inclusion of a book character that's fairly important in her arc I'm not sure what they're trying to do with her. The lack of Ironborn in this season is also pretty disappointing, I'm sure all but the most dedicated show watchers will probably forget who they are by the time next season rolls along. Theon's role is slowly becoming bigger within the show and I believe some casting calls were made for the Ironborn in season 6 so there's that.

My predictions for the finale and big moment that "will break the internet" (according to the show actors):

Your predictions based on stuff other people have predicted on the internet you mean.
    The following in layman's terms this is known is taking the fight to your enemy.

I'm not using spoilers here because anybody reading a thread about Game or Thrones should be smart enough to figure out that stuff inherent to the show and not vague references to fish is going to be discussed so enter at your own peril or something.
    I don't see how they can pull the trigger on Jon Snow at this point unless Martin is fine with his next novel being already massively spoiled.
    At most figure,stabbed and indeterminate end .See you suckers next year.This is TV and basically everyone associated is cunts remember

As for ending it like you "predicted" and then backburnering it next year in favour of Bran.Sure if they're fine with killing their ratings which is a good theory if you're mental.

Lastly your point about casting stuff or people aside because of their lack of importance to the books is equally stupid since this season has been one deviation after another.

In summation.Piss off.

5. Movies & TV   -   #315
    Your predictions based on stuff other people have predicted on the internet you mean.
    There are only so many things that could potentially happen. Everything that could potentially happen has already been "predicted" by some random forum post by some random book/show reader. I never proclaimed that my theory was completely original and that no one had ever predicted it before. It's just the theory I like the most and I think has a pretty good chance of happening. Good luck making a realistic prediction that no one has every mentioned before.

As for ending it like you "predicted" and then backburnering it next year in favour of Bran.Sure if they're fine with killing their ratings which is a good theory if you're mental.

Lastly your point about casting stuff or people aside because of their lack of importance to the books is equally stupid since this season has been one deviation after another.
    Perhaps you need to read more carefully if that's what you got out of my post. I don't even know where you came to this conclusion based on what I wrote. I never said they were backburning any storyline next year. All I mentioned is the reasoning why they omitted Bran this season, which is that Bran is taking a break this season because the show storyline has already caught up to the books. They are trying to show GRRM some courtesy and let him release TWOW before season 6 delves into his TWOW storyline. I don't think they'll wait any further. Disappointing? Yes. But understandable.

And where the hell did I say characters should be cast aside because of their lack of importance in their books? I was agreeing with you in my post. Brienne's storyline has been rather meaningless for two seasons now, and the lack of inclusion in the show of a major book character (LSH since we don't seem to care about spoilers anymore) leaves me very confused as to how they will keep Brienne relevant. There are some tinfoil theories out there that the title of episode 10 (Mother's Mercy) may be a nod to a LSH reveal, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up after being omitted for two seasons.

And again, in case you got this confusion from me mentioning the Ironborns, I was agreeing with you there as well. It has been pretty disappointing that they decided to completely omit them from season 5, and less dedicated viewers will probably completely forget who they are by the time season six rolls around. I mentioned Theon slowly having a bigger role in the show and the casting calls in season 6 as a consolation that they will almost certainly be in season 6, but yes, I think it was a poor decision to omit them completely.

In summation. Actually spend the time to read my post before you make your jumps in logic.

Still keeping this in spoilers since it is a pretty big fucking spoiler.

Last edited by Rart; 06-03-2015 at 06:39 PM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #316
    I'm not going to multiple quote because frankly no know cares enough to bother but I'm fairly certain that everything I said is right and everything you said is wrong because I'm older than you and white.

Also "my" as in "my predictions" suggests ownership. I know this, because.

My totally original prediction which I copyrighted to prevent putzes like you taking credit for it is that Jon will die and be reborn Chinese and then everyone will then call him Jon Yellow Snow.

He will also attend a party and dance with a dragon so the title of the book makes more sense.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-03-2015 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Movies & TV   -   #317
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Back off, Idol. Copy and pasting Wikipedia has gotten him this far in college. Why should he cite something he read somewhere on the interwebs just because it wasn't his own idea? Harsh, man, harsh.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #318
    Oh yes and you will graduate college and find a high paying job in the tech industry designing silent fans but still prove to be a disappoint to your father.

To be fair though I don't really pay full attention to anything Rart says so he was right there.

I seriously hope he doesn't write another novella in response unless he comes up with something less nerd. that involves boobs.

On a side note I find having a username sort of ghey so could it possibly be changed to Bernie?

I have an IQ of 142 so so much for that actually meaning anything.

Obviously though it makes me quick-witted or at least quick if post rate means anything.

I'd also at this point like to apologize to Grmley or whatever his fake name is.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-03-2015 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged quintuple post

9. Movies & TV   -   #319
    I'm not going to multiple quote because frankly no know cares enough to bother but I'm fairly certain that everything I said is right and everything you said is wrong because I'm older than you and white.

Also "my" as in "my predictions" suggests ownership. I know this, because.
    You know I spent the majority of my post pointing out how you seem to have a poor grasp of English and that I was actually agreeing with you? Seeing as you will only seriously reply to something you vehemently disagree with in order to start something, I guess that's why you're not really responding to it anymore.

And yes, it is "my" prediction. Just as much as it's "my" prediction that the Blackhawks will win the cup. It's also a prediction shared by however many Blackhawks fans are out there. When someone asks you who you think will win the cup, most people will say "I predict the Blackhawks will win" not "Barry Melrose predicts the Blackhawks will win". A possessive in the case of an opinion/prediction that can be shared by many doesn't imply you own/invented it.
    Last edited by Rart; 06-03-2015 at 09:08 PM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post

You know I spent the majority of my post pointing out how you seem to have a poor grasp of English and that I was actually agreeing with you? Seeing as you will only seriously reply to something you vehemently disagree with in order to start something, I guess that's why you're not really responding to it anymore.
    No I didn't bother to reply more seriously because frankly it bored me.

As for me wanting to "start something",I am the least hostile thing you are likely to cross paths with outside of your mother's teat.You would realize this if you weren't so homosexual.

I now predict that you will either not reply, realizing correctly that my joyfulness supplants your joylessness or you will foolishly reply thinking that you can somehow get the better or me ignoring the aforementioned fact about me being older and white.

To be fair, Herman Neville of Pacotello Wyoming also predicted this so the prediction isn't entirely mine.