Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Baseball anyone [Favorite team/player(s)]

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Speaks to my point that someone needs to attach a leech to your face.
    I'll be sure to bring that up to my trepanist.

2. Sports Club   -   #52
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You need a trepanist like you need a hole in the head.

Yeah I went there.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Sports Club   -   #53
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    ...sing us a song you're trepanist, man...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Sports Club   -   #54
    Good one, obvious old person.

5. Sports Club   -   #55
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    My one man crush is Mads Mikkelsen.
    Since Idol loves to cling to the classics I doubt he'd agree with me but I'd definitely make the argument that Mads Mikkelsen has surpassed Anthony Hopkins in his performance as Hannibal. The added effort in creating a character that while for all intents is sociopathic, but is wearing a mask on the outside adds an extra layer to the character that Anthony Hopkins was never really required to do. My favorite line from the finale was when he told Alana that Jack was "in the pantry", which (along with the whole, you know, ending scene) showed that his mask was starting to crack. It'll really be interesting to see how he develops the Hannibal character once he is inevitably caught.

6. Sports Club   -   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Since Idol loves to cling to the classics I doubt he'd agree with me but I'd definitely make the argument that Mads Mikkelsen has surpassed Anthony Hopkins in his performance as Hannibal. The added effort in creating a character that while for all intents is sociopathic, but is wearing a mask on the outside adds an extra layer to the character that Anthony Hopkins was never really required to do.
    Since Mikkelsen had 27+ hours to develop the character while Hopkins only had 6 and within that 6 they also had to tell 3 complete stories then I guess that would only make sense.

I now can also safely assume that you aren't taking any courses invoking logical thinking at whatever technical college they let you into.

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-12-2015 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Sports Club   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Since Idol loves to cling to the classics I doubt he'd agree with me but I'd definitely make the argument that Mads Mikkelsen has surpassed Anthony Hopkins in his performance as Hannibal. The added effort in creating a character that while for all intents is sociopathic, but is wearing a mask on the outside adds an extra layer to the character that Anthony Hopkins was never really required to do.
    Since Mikkelsen had 27+ hours to develop the character while Hopkins only had 6 and within that 6 they also had to tell 3 complete stories then I guess that would only make sense.

I now can also safely assume that you aren't taking any courses invoking logical thinking at whatever technical college they let you into.
    Really, Spock? You are saying no actor has ever been able to fully develop and express a character in less than 3 films?!!! And mini-series actors just 'naturally' develop their roles?

No, Mads has surpassed Hopkins as Lechter. If Hopkins could have raised the bar, we would have seen him do so in each film. Instead, he kept replaying the same few elements (well, I'll agree) every chance he was given.

In the grands scheme of acting, I'm pressed to say Hopkins is a better overall actor with decades more under his belt. But as Lechter, he has been bested.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Sports Club   -   #58
    That literally makes no sense whatsoever.

9. Sports Club   -   #59
    If you were talking about a single film to a high-budget series, your point would probably be valid. As it is, Hopkins had 3 full movies in which to add more depth to the character. Instead, we got the same thing each time. Nothing new expressed...

10. Sports Club   -   #60
    You seem blissfully oblivious to the whole script directorial influence thing .

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast