Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Seeding in OiNK

StriderZ's Avatar Grammar Whore BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    nvm
    Last edited by StriderZ; 03-10-2007 at 06:54 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    nvm
    Last edited by StriderZ; 03-10-2007 at 06:54 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyflow7 View Post
    Thanks for the tips! I was/am having trouble maintaining a good ratio there. What about RSS feeds and what about searching the log for these highly requested albums!
    Well searching the log is about the same as leaving your search page on "2007" RSS feeds are usually 15 minute checks if I'm correct? I find that too be too slow, as I tend to constantly refresh the search page while I'm doing other things online. Plus it might be tough to set up depending on how the uploader names his/her torrent. But if you get it set up, it would be quite helpful indeed

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Like everyone else I find it difficult seeding at oink but I thought your suggestion was excellent and tried it out. Found a well requested cd which had only recently been uploaded and jumped on it.

Got up the next morning and found some b*st*rd at oink had removed the torrent which left me with a 0.5 ratio on that torrent. Feel like you can't win on that site!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    n0n3's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    nice guide striderz86.thx

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    thanx for the guide.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    7. Go to the library and rent some albums.
    8. Burn them in a few diff formats.
    9. Seed seed seed!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    dawsonkm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Thanks for the guide striderz86

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    Like everyone else I find it difficult seeding at oink but I thought your suggestion was excellent and tried it out. Found a well requested cd which had only recently been uploaded and jumped on it.

Got up the next morning and found some b*st*rd at oink had removed the torrent which left me with a 0.5 ratio on that torrent. Feel like you can't win on that site!
    Had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday, except I have a considerable buffer so it was ok. I started out in oink seeding a quite popular artist, whose album was released about a week ago at that time. Despite that there were already 150+ seeders and under 50 leechers, I've uploaded 3+ GB's of that album since , a ratio of 35+ on that torrent . Lets hope one of the top 10 requested albums get released soon eh? You can always try to download as many popular albums as you can from other sites and then seed them constantly, maybe that'll work

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    hmm. I know someone who was sharing some albums at oink that he ripped himself following all the rules they have for uploading, and one admin or mod deleted one of his torrents saying "that band sucks". I think they have a rogue moron over there who thinks that all the genres of music should be to his/her liking, which is retarded, but oh well. I do like the tips in this post tho. I usually just grab one album a year from there and wind up having to seed it for like 3 months When I grab another I'll try to implement the tatics posted, aside from manually announcing, which is stupid, and I know, I run a tracker. You dont pick up more peers, you just see them faster, when the announce interval passes, they will be there anyways. Hammering the tracker isnt good. Its a noob thing I guess

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast