Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast

Thread: All Users: Please Enable Encryption!

turin's Avatar Turambar BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    already done :-)

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #172
    uTorrent 1.8.3 enabled ^_^

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #173
    durrigible's Avatar Member
    I always wondered if enabling encryption on my downloads was smart or not. I turned it on just the other day after looking at a different guide on here. I love the screenshots with highlighted points of interest in the original post / guide here.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #174
    Enabling it should be fine. Forcing it is a different deal.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #175
    enable is NOT sufficient:

REQUIRED is necessary

forced encryption, no legacy incoming
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #176
    Quote Originally Posted by slaughterads View Post
    REQUIRED is necessary

forced encryption, no legacy incoming
    That will force encryption, even when unnecessary, and will reject all unencrypted connections (which as most modern clients support PE, isn't a big deal). In my opinion, "enabled" is the optimal setting - connections won't be encrypted unless a peer particularly requests so.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #177
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I use enabled option!
    Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures.Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother!%$@%# upside the head!

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #178
    I have found that enabling protocol encryption makes no difference to my ISP traffic shaping, I still get throttled heavily during peak times with it enabled, maybe my ISP has wised up to this and knows how to identify the encrypted packets? I can beat the traffic shaping by tunneling through a free VPN service though I still dont get my full bandwidth with this method. Still its better than 10 - 15 KBps they give whilst im being throttled. Anyone else had this problem?

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #179
    Most of the time, Protocol Encryption only covers the header using a low-grade cypher. The idea isn't preventing others from seeing what you're downloading, only fooling shapers. And eventually the companies that manufacture those found a way to detect BitTorrent traffic, encryption or not. Your best bets are uTorrent set to use uTP only, or Azureus with forced RC4 and no fallbacks.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #180
    i have been using utorrent 2.0 with utp, and have found that it works a lot better then tcp with encryption!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast