Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: All Users: Please Enable Encryption!

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I see the links in the original post for how to enable encryption for both uTorrent and Azureus. Is there an instructional link for BitComet?

yo

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #22
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    its only available (or compatible with other clients at least) in bitcomet 0.63. previous versions are not compatible with azureus or µtorrent. im sure there will be a guide on the bitcomet homepage

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #23
    4096/1024kbps
    Since I have never used BitComet before (nor do I ever plan to) I do not know how to enable encryption in BitComet 0.63

I checked out the official BitComet website's FAQ and Help page.
    Unfortunately it does not mention anywhere how to enable encryption.

If someone cares to tell me, or point me to a site with instructions on how to do this, I will gladly update the original post with this information.
    Last edited by LaMaOne; 03-21-2006 at 09:36 AM.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #24
    I just enabled my encrypiton for uTorrent.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #25
    im just about to enable encrytion for azureus even though im not shaped by my ISP. In that link to the azuerus wiki http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/inde...g#The_settings

which level is it necessary to go to to help throttled users? is level one, plain encryption enough?
    Last edited by the_base_head; 04-03-2006 at 04:10 PM.

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #26
    4096/1024kbps
    @the_base_head..
    No, in my case plain encryption is not enough... only RC4 offers sufficient encryption.
    So its best to go for Level 2 as explained in Azureus' wiki. Which is enabling RC4 encryption but still maintaining all incoming/outgoing compatibility with not compatible (old and shitty) clients

I have found some helpful snapshots showing how to enable encryption in each of the 3 compatible clients...

BITCOMET 0.63

uTORRENT 1.5.0.0

AZUREUS 2.4.0.2

First, you'll have to switch to Intermediate mode to make the encryption settings visible.

Then you can set your settings as shown below.

Last edited by LaMaOne; 04-03-2006 at 05:53 PM.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #27
    ‹^› ‹(•ż•)› ‹^› BT Rep: +1
    Just enabled it in Azureus. Don't know why I caught this post so late though.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #28
    bongmaster BT Rep: +1
    I don't see how encryption would slow things any. It's not like decrypting a line of text takes up bandwidth or anything... or am I missing something here? I haven't experienced any slow-downs whatsoever. On popular torrents, such as TV shows, I regularly get 200kb/s+ and I am still getting those speeds now that I have enabled encryption (obviously only on private trackers, public ones are too clogged). Maybe I'm just lucky or something.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #29
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I use BitTornado. It doesn't appear to be an option for me.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #30
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I use BitTornado. It doesn't appear to be an option for me.
    Have a look at uTorrent, mate. It's the future. Previously, I wouldn't consider using anything other than ABC but uTorrent seems to have just as many features - except it doesn't crash.

I enabled encryption a month or so ago and altho' my speeds are unaffected (I always got decent speeds anyhow), my ISP doesn't randomly disconnect me any more.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast